RecordCast is a completely free and intuitive online tool that allows the user to record the computer screen, the webcam if necessary, and edit the video from the same platform. The time limit for the same recording is 30 minutes. Once user finish the recording, the tool allows to download it directly or edit it from a video editor integrated into the website itself. Also, even though it is free, there is no watermark when you download the video.
How does it work?
- Once user enters the website, user will click on the ‘Start recording’ button.
- User will choose one of the three options ‘screen + webcam’, ‘only screen’, ‘only webcam,’ and then will click on ‘Next Step’.
- User will give the necessary permissions to start the recording. User will choose the device that are going to use (in case of having several connected), and then user will choose the screen that needs to record. To start recording, just click on ‘Start Recording’.
- When user starts recording, the screen in the image below will appear, allowing to: pause the recording, start recording again, deleting what was previously recorded, and end it.
- When finish the recording, it will allow to download it in .webm format or edit and download it in .mp4 format. For compatibility, this last option is recommended. If user decides to edit the recording, user will see an interface like the one in the image below. There user can add text, images, import files, etc. The possibilities it offers are just and necessary for the type of video that is usually recorded. When user finishes, it will click on ‘Export’ and download the recording once user registers on the platform for free.
As you saw above, RecordCast provides users with some easy and free screen recording options. This online screen recorder will help users screen recording and even video editing effortlessly. For those who want to create professional-quality materials for free, you can try RecordCast now.